Las Ventanas Al Paraíso
Since opening in July 1997, Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, has brought unprecedented luxury and hospitality to Los Cabos, elevating it to Mexico's most upscale destination, our Five Diamond property is among the most internationally acclaimed and recognized resorts, where guests enjoy unwavering and customized attention to detail.
Las Ventanas al Paraiso is a must-do for so many reasons. Our location is often described as "where the desert collides with the sky in perfect harmony" and is acclaimed for its incredible, kaleidoscopic sunsets. The thrill they elicit also is sparked from the moment you walk into the lobby when you are hit with a sense of wonder and excitement as you take in the mesmerizing 360-degree sea vie with an excellent, frothy margarita in hand. You meander into alleys and discover a surprise at every corner.
The experience feels intimate and secluded; thanks to the resort's ambiance and design; you’re 750 employees care about our guests' well-being and happiness. They wear their hearts on their sleeves and appear magically to take care of guests' every need—because they use underground tunnels to circulate! Now you know how the resort's butlers appear to add to your sense of arrival—which can also include plane-side red carpet service, free plane hangar at San Luca private airport and a welcome performance by a Mariachi band.
Our commitment to warm, flawless service at Las Ventanas is a hallmark of the resort. Everything is customized—we care about what makes each guest happy. That's true overall and also in our villas, where guests enjoy all-encompassing 24-hour butler service.
The long tenure of our employees and the pampering guest-to-employee ratio (we have 84 suites and over 700 employees) speak to employee and guest satisfaction, which we hold dear.
Las Ventanas al Paraiso is known for its wonderful immersive, and innovative experiences.
Another fantastic adventure is Sleeping Under the Stars. Your butler sets up a bed on the roof or terrace, where the Cabo sunset seems to be showing off just for you and your loved one.
Our celebration of Dias de la Muertos, or Day of the Dead, is truly unforgettable. Our artistic staff decorates the entire resort with thousands of cempasuchil flowers and candles to make our innovative take on this customary celebration an all-encompassing sensory experience, whereas we celebrate the transitory return of the souls of the deceased; We offer them their favorite foods and poems in altars created in their honor. The artistic skulls are joyful celebrations of our loved ones and the certainty of death. The entertainment is an exceptional immersive event with folkloric dancers, alebrijes, mojigangas, and mariachis, paired with an authentic Mexican menu crafted by our talented Chef Ovidio Perez.
Culinary adventures are another of our great draws.
Las Ventanas offers guests a wide range of dining options, including pan-Asian cuisine at Arbol, an elevated menu inspired by Oaxaca at Alebrije, and fresh seafood cooked on wood-burning grills at Sea Grill. Don't miss out on our seafood pizza—it is not on the menu, so make sure to ask! We serve lovely ceviche and Japanese sushi fusion at the Tequila & Ceviche Bar. Guests interested in a gracious private dining experience are delighted by our wine room, La Cava, where Director of Wine Genevieve can craft a customized, unique wine-tasting menu—from Baja or Bordeaux—for all wine aficionados.
We have many signature dishes in our outlets. Our Jalapeno Margarita is an authentic and refreshing cocktail for a relaxing day by the pool. In ouChef, Anand's Lobster Bisque is a must-have in our award-winning restaurant Arbol a sensorial experience; our Tequila Tasting certification is a complete adventure for the palate.
Other culinary experiences include:
- La Botica, Cabo's first and only Cuban apothecary-style design. This is an utterly enchanting spot, thanks to both innovative design and the charismatic voice of our musical artist-in-residence, Rosalia de Cuba.
- At our Magic Dinner, guests enjoy a private dining experience while the resort's resident magician, Sterling, takes them through an unparalleled theatrical experience.
- There are so many magical touchpoints a Las Ventanas. One that guests can't stop talking about is our 1001 Nights dinner experience. Guests stroll into a personalized raked-sand alley, get settled to dine under the stars, enjoy live entertainment surrounded by fire pits, and finish the night with interactive, customized fireworks.
- In our Cooking Demonstration at the Herb Garden, guests join the resort's chefs in the fragrant garden and learn the secrets of the resort's award-winning cuisine.
- Tequila Sign is a unique opportunity for guests to identify their Tequila Signs based on one-on-one blind tastings. Guided by the resort's experts, they learn if they are Adventurous, Robust, Greedy, or Herbal. Each distinction corresponds with a selection of tequilas that fit the guest's flavor preferences and personality.
- Bohemian Beach Dinner is a chance to surprise and delight a loved one with a magical gourmet dinner at a bohemian beachfront retreat outfitted with glowing lanterns and fire pits. The chef's gourmet sharing menu combines flavors from La Baja.
- Another excellent experience for sweethearts is our Romance Grotto Dinner. It includes champagne, candles, rose petals, an extravagant flower bouquet, and food and beverage service from Arbol restaurant.
- And then there's our delicious take on casual and fun everyday dining. Outside La, Botica restaurant is a Mexican-style food truck where guests can enjoy menu items such as handmade tacos, hamburgers, and Latin-style hotdogs, along with freshly made guacamole and salsas.
Las Ventanas is where guests' immersion in Mexican experiences is enjoyed on every level and in all aspects of their getaway, from food and drinks to the wellness journeys they take at our spas to the Mexican arts and artistry that give our resort such a strong sense of place. Mexican creativity is everywhere here—for example, for Arbol restaurant, artist David Luna custom-designed sculptural trees, and over 500 sparkling birdcage lights.
Some of the favorite design details at Las Ventanas are the art and artisanry imbuing the resort with romantic and cultural flavors, rich colors, and textures that add emotion and graciousness to the overall experience. The buildings' timeless architecture and colors blend beautifully with the Baja Desert environment.
Las Ventanas was built with a hacienda-like design that projects a warm and welcoming feeling. The meticulous handwork of local craftspersons and artisans is evident throughout the resort. Meandering throughout the resort are beautiful, raised-pebble walkways designed by local artisans, as are the impressive stone carpets in the reception area and each guest room. The artisans were given a general pattern and then allowed to interpret and let their artistic talents flow to create an authentic Mexican feeling.
Other examples of the Mexican craftsmanship on full display at Las Ventanas are the woven bed runners depicting colorful alebrijes (mythical creatures famous in Mexican folklore) and outdoor statures by artist Robert Padilla, a celebrated sculptor from Jalisco who specializes in ceramics.
In an interview with Cultured magazine last year, the ceramics studio founder, José Noé Suro, described the impact of the hotel's outreach. "When Las Ventanas opened in Los Cabos, they came to us, and that changed everything. These pieces are available for purchase at the onsite Café del Art shop, which sells work from artisans around the country. Choose from a vibrant collection of wooden animal figures decorated in tiny beads of brilliant colors and fantastical designs made by the Indigenous Huichol nation from central Mexico. The beaded Shakira figures represent communication with tribal deities, decorated with symbols like scorpions, zigzagging lines, and hallucinogenic peyote flowers."